Your online presence is the voice and face of your brand. It’s essential you have an updated, easy-to-navigate, quick-loading website that guests can find easily and use on any device. We’re experts in creating websites that will strengthen your connection with your guests, help increase conversions, and have more impact on your bottom line.
Here’s a checklist to consider in case you are thinking it’s time for a website update:
- Is your site mobile-friendly?If your site isn’t fully responsive to fit all mobile devices, it needs to be. Mobile users want information that is quick and easy to find. The users themselves say that their mobile purchases are often impulse buys, and tend to spend more money per purchase than they do on desktop. In addition, the market has shifted to where 65% of all website traffic is coming from mobile devices, and that’s expected to increase. This could be great news for your organization if you’re already working with a responsive website.
- How long does it take your site to load?If you don’t know the answer, take a second and use this free tool to see how fast your site loads. If your site takes longer than 3 seconds to load – Houston, we have a problem. 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less. Furthermore, 40% will abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. Abandonment can increase your bounce rate (users who leave your page without clicking anywhere else on your site). What does this mean to you? Guests are walking away before seeing all that you have to offer – if they’re leaving, you’re potentially losing money. In fact, studies have found that even a one second delay could result in 7% sales conversion reduction – yikes.
- Where do you rank in Google searches?The importance of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can’t be underestimated. 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. If you’re not on the first page of Google, customers won’t be able to find your website easily. In fact, 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. If they can’t find you, you’re losing business. An SEO audit may be required to improve your rankings and boost organic search traffic to your webpage.
- Is your site outdated?In the web world, “old” really takes on its own meaning. Web design trends change frequently, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with best practices. Guests love an aesthetically appealing and easy-to-navigate website. So much so, they even value brands more when both aesthetics and great user-experience is accomplished.
- How is your user experience online overall?79% of guests who are dissatisfied with their first experience on your website are less likely to use your site in the future. Do you know what your guests are looking for, and is the information easily accessible? If you allow purchases online, how many steps does it take for them to actually buy? These are all things to consider if you want to provide a great experience online and continue to achieve a positive perception with your guests.
- Do you have social media linkage?People love to share their experiences online, whether that’s through tweets on Twitter or imagery-focused posts on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. If you want people to talk about the experiences you offer, you need to give them the ability to share that with their friends (who could be your future guests!). Give people the option to share photos or content right from your website on their social media, as well as make it available for them to tag you in their experience while on location. It’s free advertising and feedback – how great is that?
If your site is falling behind on any of these web necessities listed above, it’s time to make a change. Our experienced team can put you on the right track and start creating a user-friendly experience for your guests.
For a FREE consultation with one of our experts, sign up here.